Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Potty Time

This photo will come back to haunt her when she goes on her first date :)
We've started an attempt at potty training...a slow attempt. She's gone from loving to play with the toilet for fun to running away if I put her on it to wanting to sit on her potty seat. I let her get used to it on her own terms first....she likes to sit on her little potty ring on the floor (neither Chris nor I are willing to clean out a potty so we chose the ring that fits over the toilet) :) I started taking her several times starting yesterday and today she's interested in it and runs to it if I tell her it's potty time and if she needs to go/or already went in her diaper. She's started to say potty and associates her diaper with the toilet and the word potty....we're going in the right direction!!! I can tell when she goes in her diaper and now right after she goes she says "potty"....so I know she's connecting things together. I'll be getting pull-ups this weekend and we'll go from there!!! I actually find this rather exciting :) She LOVES 3 muskateers (wonder why) and I can't wait to see her face when she actually goes on the potty and I pull out a small one from the cupboard!!! She usually runs to the kitchen if she hears the bag. It is true....training a child is a lot like training a dog....good thing I'm a trainer!!!!!

1 comment:

Joel and Cara said...

I can't believe you put this picture on here, poor girl. :) haha, hope it goes well for you. We are definitely not quite ready for that yet!